Bike sharing with MOBIbike
MOBIbike, our bike sharing service in cooperation with nextbike, has been up and running since 17 August 2020. The new bike sharing system replaces the previous ‘sz-bike’ system. 1000 latest generation smartbikes are available around the clock. You can rent the bikes at all MOBIpunkt stations. There are also areas where you can return the bikes flexibly.
Explore Dresden with MOBIbike
Almost reached your destination by rail and bus? Or want to explore the city by bike? Then MOBIbike is the perfect way for you to get around flexibly and individually. Simply use the app to rent a bike and off you go. By the way, DVB subscription customers and students enjoy discounts!
However, the MOBIbike service is not just for Dresden citizens and commuters. MOBIbike is also a great way for visitors to Dresden to explore the city and its historic old town by bike.
Great benefits for subscription customers
By cooperating with nextbike, we can offer our subscription customers another environmentally friendly mobility option. And the best thing is, you can use the MOBIbikes at special low rates. So why not take a MOBIbike to your next meeting?
Your first 30 minutes are even free! And from the 31st minute on, you save no less than 50 percent compared with the standard fare.
New: Our subscription customers can even rent bikes without the app. Simply hold your TICKET up to the back of the bicycle and the frame lock opens. However, if you want to pay for rental or collect free minute credit, you need to register: mobi-dresden.de/bike. Don’t forget: Choose DVB under ‘Partners’, enter your subscription customer number and enjoy special low rates.
Note: If you rent a bike with your TICKET, without registering for MOBIbike, your MOBIbike account is blocked temporarily after your first paid rental. Please register with MOBIbike and link your customer account with DVB under ‘Partners’, or contact the nextbike hotline at +49 (0) 341-392 839 66 before your next bike use.
|DVB subscriber rates||Basic rate|
|First 30 mins per journey||Free||€2.00|
|From 31st minute||€ 1.00/30 minutes||€ 1.00/15 minutes|
MOBIbike for students
Students of the TU Dresden, Hochschule für Bildende Künste (HfBK) and Evangelische Hochschule Dresden (ehs) can use the Dresden bicycle rental system MOBIbike at a reduced price if they have a valid semester ticket. In return, all students pay a five euro surcharge on the semester fee according to the solidarity principle.
From 1 October 2021, on each rental, the first 30 minutes are for free in Dresden. If you rent a bike for more than 30 minutes, we charge 1€ for every additional 30 minutes. The daily maxium rate is 15€. With your account you can rent up to four bikes. The special conditions apply to to the first bike only. For additional bikes the local basic rate applies.
Learn more about conditions and how to register here.
New bikes and expanded Flexzone
The new system doubles the number of bicycles to 1000, improving bike availability. They now have 7 gears to make cycling uphill and downhill much easier.
As before, the new MOBIbikes have a frame lock that opens automatically when rented, and needs to be locked manually every time you return or park it. Many of the MOBIpunkt stations will have bike stands with an integrated lock. For more information on using the bikes visit www.mobi-dresden.de/bike.
You can return bikes in the Flexzone shown in pink on the map for an additional charge of € 1.00. You can return the bikes free of charge in the streets marked in blue and at the MOBIpunkt stations. When you return your bike to a MOBIpunkt station, you get 10 minutes rental credit as a thank you. If you use the app, you will be notified of the credit you receive. You can use the time credit anywhere in Germany.
How to use it:
By the way, you can rent up to four bikes at the same time on one account. However, special rates and vouchers generally only apply for the first bike. Besides the MOBIbikes in Dresden, you can rent bikes in (almost) all nextbike-run systems in over 25 countries around the world.
Rental and return
with a DVB subscription
- Renting a MOBIbike: Hold your TICKET (FAHRKARTE) against the back of the bicycle, the lock opens automatically.
- Returning your MOBIbike: Simply push down the little lever on the frame lock. You can leave the bike anywhere in the streets marked in blue or stations without additional charges. Returning bikes in the pink Flexzone costs € 1.00. Bikes may not be returned outside the Flexzone or stations.
with the nextbike app
- Renting a MOBIbike: You rent the bike using the nextbike app. Simply scan the QR code or enter the bike number. The frame lock on the rear wheel opens automatically. Alternatively, you can also rent bikes using the nextbike hotline: +49 (0) 341-392 839 66.
- Parking a MOBIbike: To park the bike without ending the rental, activate parking mode in the app and close the lock. You also use the app to end parking mode again. The lock opens automatically.
- Returning your MOBIbike: Simply push down the little lever on the frame lock. Update the app and check whether the rental has really ended. You can leave the bike anywhere in the streets marked in blue or stations without additional charges. Returning bikes in the pink Flexzone costs € 1.00. Every time you return a bike to the MOBIpunkt stations, you receive a credit of 10 free minutes. Bikes may not be returned outside the Flexzone or stations.